Iowa Casinos Celebrate 25 Years!
Iowa’s casino industry is celebrating its 25th anniversary of the first riverboat casinos in the country launching in April 1991! In the past two-and-a-half decades, Iowans in every county have been positively influenced by the industry. From jobs to charitable grants to purchasing Iowa-based products or services, these premier entertainment destinations add value in significant ways.
Additionally, Iowa’s casinos shatter national averages in women’s employment opportunities and advancement, plus foster a culture for long-term careers:
- 53.5% of total gaming workforce are women
- 40.3% of those at supervisor/manager level are female
- 30.3% of those at senior/executive level positions are women
- More than 9,500 people are employed by casinos
- Excellent benefits and wages
- 1,636 employees have been with their casino for more than 10 years
- 89 employees have been with their casino from the start in 1991!
We’re proud of the impact we’ve made in our state over the past 25 years and grateful to all Iowans for being a part of our success. View the official press release here. See how our casinos create more than $1 billion in annual economic impact.