Each year IGA members' license holders give millions of dollars to support charitable and civic needs in Iowa's communities.
Each IGA member casino has a nonprofit license holder that receives and reinvests required allocations from the casinos into numerous charitable and civic needs. Thousands of grant applications are received each year, and millions of dollars are dispersed to a diverse group of community and charitable causes. Examples include:
- The United Way
- Red Cross
- Life-saving equipment for fire and ambulance services
- Laptops for schools
- Funding for daycare and community centers
- Much more!
In 2015, $65.8 million in grants were awarded across the state:
- $8.4 million invested in nonprofit charitable projects in counties without casinos
- $57.4 million granted to communities organizations with casinos
- 3,288 grants awarded across Iowa
For a breakdown of how funds were allocated by each license holder in 2014-2015, see the most recent "Building Iowa's Communities Through Philanthropy," released February 2016. To see previous years, visit the Charitable Giving page.